Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stop # 30: Swinging Bridge 666 on the Powell River

WOW!!  I visited Stop # 30 today.  My goal was "30 Stops in 30 Days - October 2013 in Lee County, Virginia."  I'm completing that goal on time, with this blog entry!  I'll keep on going to the many, many more stops I'd like to make, all here in Lee County; however, I will certainly slow down the pace while I play catch-up with some paperwork and such.  I sure did have a lot of fun and laughs with friends and family during my memorable "30 Stops in 30 Days - October 2013 in Lee County, Virginia" adventures.  Thank you so very much to all those who joined me along the way!

There are about a dozen public access swinging bridges in Lee County.  "Swinging Bridge 666" is located on State Route 666/ Swinging Bridge Road.  I have walked across this swinging bridge before, but today I only took a few steps out onto the bridge, once I'd climbed all those stairs.




I'm looking rather nervous already!












And I wandered around on a bunch of back roads, simply enjoying the scenery.  Lee County is a beautiful place.  "30 Stops in 30 Days - October 2013 in Lee County, Virginia" was a delightful adventure.






turkeys! 













2 comments:

  1. I just returned from visiting a friend in Jonesville. We crossed the swinging bridge. You're right, it's absolutely beautiful country! The people are so friendly too. Can't wait to go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just returned from visiting a friend in Jonesville. We crossed the swinging bridge. You're right, it's absolutely beautiful country! The people are so friendly too. Can't wait to go back!!

    ReplyDelete